So I’m gonna be straight up and let you all know that I am not a cook.. ask my husband and you’ll know. What I can do, is to try and attempt some simple recipes (the simpler the better of course hehe) and cross my fingers that my husband will grab seconds^^ otherwise I would have left over for weeks (because I’m bad at portioning the food as well – lol omg this is turning into an embarrassing confession). There are certain recipes that I can say, I do, do well and I get in the habit of repeating these recipes and not learning new ones (as I get comfortable!). For this evening, I pulled out my non-stick pot and googled an easy recipe to experiment. I’d like to share this to you ladies, and gents >.< if you're like me, who is domestically challenged, and would like a simple and delicious dinner recipe – that will make your mothers proud hehe.
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese (I used a block of spreadable Philadelphia)
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 cups of milk
* 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve. This recipe makes 4 servings but will definitely change base on if you decide to stick to the recipe or you add more (ie. milk, etc).
* I added some grilled chicken strips for taste and protein, just use your left over chicken strips from salads you make and you’re set, otherwise just grill some chicken breast as an added step to this recipe*